Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Let's put feet to this thing

Okay, it's time to stop talking about how great it would be to get together and start doing it! So... Beach Night (families welcome)

Where: Avila Beach (in front of park)
When: Thursday May 17th (yes, that's next Thursday)
Time: 5:30-8pm
Eats: We'll provide hot dogs and buns (and condiments), Kool-aid, chips, and strawberries
I'd also be cool if we had homeade cookies for dessert, but I'll need some help for that.
Cost: $2/adult (to cover some of the cost)

All you have to bring is more munchies if you want them, and any toys, towels, or blankets. Please post a comment if I'm missing anything else.

I'm looking for some help to put this thing all together so if anyone is willing please let me know!

Please post your comments if you can come or not, as we'll have to make decisions on how much food to buy.

Hope to see you there!

-Travis

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beach! BBQ! I'll take a sick day if I have to... I can't wait!

Jacquelyn said...

Sounds like fun! Let's bring a frisbee or two or
maybe a guitar so we can (according to Acts 2:26)

"[eat] together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

andy gibson said...

Thursday!!!! :)

Jeannett and I will be there. Thanks for putting some momentum on this whole "breaking of bread" thing we all love so much, as evidenced by Phillip's comment above!

Anonymous said...

umm....anyone notice that the note was posted may 9th, the BBQ is set for the 17th, but it says "THIS Thursday"? sooo........is it next week or tomorrow?

erika said...

I'm planning to be there with kids... unless someone is sick etc. It sounds like a good time. I'll bring a batch of cookies.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, albeit for a short time as I have to be at work at 7:00pm. Thankfully, the beach is just a stones throw from work. I'm looking forward to some good food and fellowship.

Travis said...

Sorry, the beach bbq is next thursday May 17th. Thanks Amy for noticing!

Brianna Heldt said...

We'll try to make it but will be late as Kevin doesn't even get home till 6.

Elizabeth Casparro said...

Are any women out there interested in a Bible study for the summer? Just something where we could fellowship once a week and discuss the topics from Sunday. I'd really like to get to know more of the women in the ABF group. Email me at ecasparro@gmail.com if you are interested =).