Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ministry Sunday at 2:42

Hello, everyone, We have been mentioning the last few weeks that we would like to set-aside a Sunday morning that is dedicated to ministry and outreach. I told everyone last week that we would be putting together care-packages for our local homeless community, and that I would provide the list of materials to shop for and to bring. Well, here it is:

shoeboxes
toothpaste
toothbrushes
waterproof watch
$10 gift cards to local eateries
phone cards
warm socks
Beenies
comb
soft chewy granola bars
chapstickk
a sports bottle
small first aid kit
stationary and stamped envelopes

Use the comment section below and chime in with what items (and a rough estimate of how much) you can bring. I know this is last minute guys, and I apologize.

If you're anything like me, you're wondering what kind of ship we're running around here to not get the ministry details posted until Thursday night. Well, I'll tell you what kind of ship... A busy, undermanned one!

We need your help!

Frankly, it would be easier to call the whole thing off and do some more teaching next Sunday, but I am strongly committed to getting the group in the business of reaching out and ministering to our community. If it doesn't go perfectly, then I'm fine with that. I am eager to see who God might raise up in our group to provide some leadership and direction to this important part of our ABF.

10 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I will be bringing 5 tubes of toothpaste and 2 shoe boxes. Maybe someone could bring wrapping paper, scissors and tape to make it a nicer presentation? Everyone likes to feel special right?

Unknown said...

Thanks. We need more contributors!

Anonymous said...

I'll bring a few boxes of the soft chewy granola bars and some warm socks.

joy said...

We'll bring toothbrushes, chapstick, and stationary and stamped envelopes.

Tony Casparro said...

We've got water bottles, first aid kits and hand sanitizer for 10

Anonymous said...

we'll bring warm sox...

Anonymous said...

We will bring some gift cards to SLO eateries.

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

We have 3 tubes of toothpaste, 4 full size deodorants, 6 travel size bottles of shampoo, 6 travel size bottles of lotion. We'll see you tomorrow.

Stephanie Tang said...

We'll bring individual packs of kleenex, granola bars, stationary and stamped envelopes and one shoe box.

Jason Naylor said...

I'm bringing some more socks, toothbrushes, and chapstick, and whatever shoe boxes I can find.